I have spent the last couple of years trying to perfect this peanut butter cookie recipe and finally, I think I have nailed it! These peanut butter cookies aren’t too chewy or too crunchy! According to my family, they are just perfect.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup shortening
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Extra white sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, and shortening in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl add baking soda to the hot water and mix well. Add to large bowl mixture.
- Add salt, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour until mixed well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place extra water into small bowl. Use fork dipped in water and press balls to make criss-cross pattern design.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake in 375 degree oven for about 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.